AECOM is seeking an M&E Analyst to assist with the operation of a DFID funded aid programme – Cities, Infrastructure for Growth in Zambia (CIGZambia).
CIGZambia is a new, demand-led, rapid-response technical advisory facility that provides the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) with hands-on, 360˚ expertise to successfully plan, finance, procure and deliver public infrastructure projects at the national and local levels. It is a five year programme that commenced in June 2018. The objective of CIGZambia is to assist the GRZ in harnessing the power of its cities and infrastructure to drive growth.
Reporting to the M&E Lead, the Monitoring and Evaluation Analyst will play an important role in designing and implementing a Results Measurement (RM) framework to be able to track progress and results of the programme against defined targets and KPIs. The M&E Analyst will be also the person on the ground that will undertake the day-to-day M&E tasks with the overall guidance from the M&E lead.
Overall: Assist the M&E lead in implementation of planned M&E and learning activities during the inception and implementation period. In particular:
- Assist the M&E lead in the design and development of a RM framework and its associated processes/procedures and tools that will enable the collection, storage and reporting of data related to all programme activities
- Support the monitoring of the quality and completeness of data for the documenting project performance, ensure data within the project for evidence-based decision making, and solve data problems when they arise
- Compile and analyse data from each of the project technical areas and support the project technical team in the production of the quarterly and annual reports
- Assist in conducting trainings for the technical staff involved in data collection and in the proper use of data collection tools
- Enter and analyse the various data collected into the RM database
- Ensure regular proper filing of reports and data collection tools
- Organize quarterly data control and verification with various data sources
- Support the M&E Lead in defining and implementing the project’s key performance indicators (KPIs) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the project
- Support all M&E initiatives for assigned grantees, partners, and beneficiaries including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives.
- Assist the M&E Lead in developing a MIS (Management Information System to record beneficiaries from events and provide appropriate reports reflecting CIGZambia indicators
- Develop or revise M&E tools as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of the M&E Lead (e.g. project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals)
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions
- Assist the M&E Lead and communications officer in defining a learning approach
- Assist in developing and reviewing donor reports to ensure quality, accuracy, and that they capture the outputs and outcomes as expected
- Perform additional tasks as required by the M&E lead and project leadership
- Perform other duties as required
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
The role has the following minimum qualifications required:
- Degree required; advanced degree preferred. Degree may include subject areas such as economics, finance, statistics, international development, project management, survey research and program evaluation.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of M&E working experience, preferably for an international organization or a non-governmental organization. Experience should include monitoring and evaluation database management, information analysis, research techniques and methodologies, report writing, use of MS spreadsheets.
- Demonstrative experience with writing reports for DFID or a major international donor preferred
- Fluent in English with strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and assessment skills of quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong organizational skills, integrity, work ethic, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good team player; able to respond to work assignments on short deadlines and manage senior experts when information from them is required;
- Strong computer skills, including good level of proficiency in Microsoft Office – i.e. windows Excel and Access
Please send application with cover letter and CV to: