The M&E Officer will provide technical assistance in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems for the Project, working collaboratively with Churches Association of Zambia (CHAZ); Ministry of Health; Education; Police; Social Welfare and other Stakeholders to strengthen Fast Tracking HIV/AIDS, TB Epidemic Control (FTEC) and Gender Based Violence (GBV) project. The M&E Coordinator will use ChildFund, Ministry of Health and CHAZ existing M&E systems to record and analyze project performance indicators. This position will ensure high quality project data and ongoing maintenance of feedback mechanisms, including:
- Remaining alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Implement a comprehensive Project M&E and knowledge management system to enhance impact monitoring, quality control and evaluation in order to improve internal processes and results delivery of the Project.
- Support FTEC project in developing monitoring and data collection plans and methodologies, including appropriate tools, and oversee quality implementation of M&E activities to meet ChildFund and CHAZ standards; i.e. coordinating the development of projects’ Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP)
- Support program in designing and conducting baseline surveys, mid-term evaluation, specialized studies and final evaluations to include sampling methodologies, data collection instruments, analysis and report development
- Provide support for annual reviews and reflections with implementing staff and analyze data trends towards Project objectives achievement
- Support development of project management information system (MIS), harnessing new information technology for the compilation, analysis, storage, and retrieval of data and knowledge for project development; provide technical assistance on data quality and integrity
- Document M&E framework identified during baseline into an M&E system, with all sub-systems (planning, monitoring and evaluation) and well defined performance indicators
- Ensure rigorous logic between activities, outputs, results and indicators, i.e. to ensure that the project is based on logical and sound log frames
- Degree in Development studies, social sciences, Statistics or relevant work experience. Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques, tools or experience in M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory work) preferable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation in development organizations, at least 2 years of working in project implementation.
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language a must
- Experience in sponsorship organization highly desirable
- Demonstrated diplomacy in building relationships and working with diverse cultures and audiences and sensitive situations and subject matter
- Experience in strategic planning approaches – including, needs assessment and programs design, logical framework development, selecting indicators, implementing monitoring plans, coordinating evaluations and data analysis
- Experience in M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory work with children)
- High computer proficiency including deep knowledge of and practice in statistical and data management packages
- Demonstrated skills in training and M&E capacity development of staff preferred/ facilitation skills
Interested applicants are advised to email their application letters and CVs only clearly stating the position being applied for as the subject to the following address; [email protected] not later than 5:00 pm Thursday 8th November, 2018.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ChildFund Zambia is an equal opportunity employer.