PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To develop, install and support the Commission’s information systems to meet the Commission’s business and administrative requirements effectively and economically.
The Software Developer will report to the Systems Manager.
- Develops technical specifications and plans for new software applications
- Develops, test and implement new software programs
- Designs, develop and maintain Web and Mobile applications, Data Communication Processes (web Services)and Graphical User Interfaces
- Tests, maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Resolves complex technical design issues
- Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Evaluates products on the market and makes recommendations for the equipment and software to be purchased that are appropriate for the needs of the Commission
- Plans the execution of business recovery for all software systems
- Ensure that applications are properly developed and customised to support the business processes of the Commission
- Provides accurate routine or customised reports as required by the supervisor
- Ensure conformance to ICT policies, processes and procedures
- Creates and maintains a high performance environment characterised by ethic performance and strong team orientation
- Keeps abreast of developments in area of speciality and adheres to the ethics code of the ICT profession
- Provides technical and end user training.
- Liaises with vendors providing ICT services.
- Perform any other related duties that the supervisor may reasonably request from time to time.
- Proven experience as a Software Developer
- Knowledge of Secure Coding Standards e.g. OWASP
- Working knowledge of Spring and Laravel frameworks
- Experience developing mobile applications on Android platform
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong Analytical and problem solving experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with databases MySQL, MSSQL
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, monitoring and use of ICTs in electoral processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Must be a member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia, Information and Communication Technology Association of Zambia or ISACA.
- Not less than three (3) years proven relevant experience in a software development role.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES FOR THE POSITION
- Honest and reliable with high moral strength.
- Innovative and proactive.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Good report writing and general written and oral presentation skills.
Interested candidates should send their applications (clearly indicating the position on the envelope) to the undersigned enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of educational and professional certificates and professional membership not later than Friday, 23rd November, 2018:
The Chief Electoral Officer, Electoral Commission of Zambia, Elections House, Haile Selassie Avenue, P. O. Box 50274, LUSAKA