Accounts receivables duties include ensuring timely capturing of orders and invoices, monitoring incoming payments and securing revenue by verifying and accurately posting receipts.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processing customer orders and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Performing day to day transactions including verifying, classifying, posting and recording accounts receivable data.
- Processing and posting invoices receivable and bank deposits/transfers.
- Reconciliation of accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and accurately posted.
- Preparation of accounts receivable statements and timely communication of these to customers on a monthly basis.
- Maintain a rapport with the sales team to ensure that all accounts receivable transactions are correctly allocated and liaise with them to ensure that due collections are done on time.
- Generate relevant reports detailing accounts receivable status on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Manage reception desk and customer service
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and data entry skills.
- Hands on experience in operating excel spreadsheets and accounting software (preferably Sage Evolution).
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and collection regulations.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Partly qualified ZICA, ACCA, CIMA or Degree in Accounting.