- Implements day-to-day administration of all HR activities for the office in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner.
- Coordinates the recruitment process to ensure a smooth process flow from the identification of a vacancy to the filling of that vacancy.
- Collaborates with country office leadership and project management staff, as well as Human Resources Director, on HR strategies and practices that will help achieve the strategic and programmatic goals of the country portfolio.
- Ensures that HR programs are developed and implemented in all HR disciplines, including Employee Relations, Recruitment, Onboarding, Benefits Administration, HR Information Systems, and Compliance.
- Provides regular briefings to supervisor and leadership on HR matters, including the status of recruitment, training, leave balances, etc.
Provides specialist employee relations advice and guidance concerning disciplinary, grievance, and absence, to ensure consistent and acceptable levels of individual employee performance.
- Manages staff to ensure a high level of customer service and confidentiality is provided throughout the organization.
- Provides guidance and direction to functional managers, groups, and operations on company policies and programs.
- Provides leadership, technical assistance, and monitoring to field offices in the administration of their HR functions.
- Ensures proper filing/record keeping of all HR related documentation including personnel files.
Maintains a thorough awareness of developments in labor laws and legislations and advises management accordingly. Ensures compliance of employment laws and regulations among the organization.
- Stays abreast of changes in country labor laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of human resources principles and accepted practices
- Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal supervision, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good English written and oral communications skills
- Strong leadership capabilities and resourcefulness including organization and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of computer processing, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with Human Resources Information Systems
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding Human Resource Management
- Ability and willingness to travel to provincial offices a minimum of 25% time
Qualification and requirements:
- Successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field
- 5-8 years of progressively responsible human resources management experience in the areas outlined
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required
- Good working knowledge of local employment laws, policy interpretation, and benefit administration
- Demonstrated ability as a team player, excellent communication skills, and strong computer aptitude is required
- Prior experience working within an NGO environment is a plus
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management
Closing Date : May 18, 2020