MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist the Finance Manager to plan: coordinate and implement the objectives and procedures of the general accounts operations in order to provide accurate and up to date financial information to management. It shall be concerned with preparation of financial statements, management reports and budgets preparation and monitoring.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly management reports in order to aid management carry out effective monitoring, controls and decision making including variance reports for management control
- Supervises external audit process and liaises with the Finance Manager on technical issues pertaining to the preparation of final accounts in conjunction with external auditors
- Monitors and coordinates the preparation and consolidation of the organizational budgets.
- Prepares monthly investment cash flow statements for management to plan for cash flows.
- Prepares final accounts in accordance with International Finance Reporting Standards (lFRS) in liaison with the Finance Manager.
- Prepares Company payroll and payment of correct salaries on due dates and ensures that statutory (PAY E, NAPSA, National Health Insurance) and other deductions are effected and paid on due dates.
- Checks and verifies all payments to ensure that they have required accompanying documents and for correctness and approvals before processing payment and are in accordance with budget.
- Maintains an updated and accurate fixed asset register for the efficient running of management accounting records.
- Prepares and maintains bank reconciliations of all cash books and other files for the general ledger and verifies accounting data in the accounting system
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ with credit or better in Mathematics and English
- Full ACCA/CIMA/ZICA/CA Zambia/Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
- Working knowledge in an Accounting software such as Sage, ACCPAC and Pastel
- Not less than Five (5) years’ experience in a similar organisation.
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications must send their curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates including current contact telephone numbers and three (03) traceable references to: –
The Chief Executive Officer
NAPSA Staff Pension Scheme
Plot No. 40 Bwinjimfumu Road
Closing date: 14th August 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.