Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is regional African – led non- governmental organization that supports livelihood – challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well – being and standard of living. With Country Programs in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia and Kenya, AAH-I has over 20 years ‘experience working with communities in conflict and post –conflict situations.
We are looking for a Social/ Health Officer to join our team to assist with the care of our patients in areas of chronic disease management, general treatment of basic illnesses and management of community outreach programs.
- Identify and link patients to national health referral systems in Zambia
- Performing treatment of basic illnesses and chronic disease management
- Assist in the procurement of medicines for patients
- Facilitate community outreach programs
- Facilitating medical examinations such as X-Rays, MRI, CT-Scan, ECG, Echo
- Conducting health promotion to asylum seekers in the transit Centre
- Provide supplementary feeding to HIV positive living patients
- Ensure beneficiaries receive social support
- Attend protection meetings with stakeholders
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Public Health/ Nursing or Social Work with public health experience.
- At least 1 year experience in public health and social work
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and effective written and verbal format; including good facilitation skills.
- Skills in management information systems.
All applications containing the Cover letter, CV and qualifications in one document must be sent to [email protected] clearly stating the position being applied for.
The deadline for all applications falls on the 15th of February, 2019.