ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Youth Hub Coordinator.
Purpose of the Role
- Responsible for planning and coordination of day to day hub activities at the Global platform.
- To coordinate and ensure that the Global Platform is running smoothly to support the implementation of all the hub activities
- To build and support the team innovations that are constantly improving the hub
- Delivering progressive and inspiring youth hub activities around key thematic areas in line with AAZ Country strategy
- Mentor youth to lead different regular youth hub activities that enhance the work of the Global Platform and AAZ
- Provide strategic over sight to Programme activities
- To manage the communication and sustainability of the Global Platform
- To collaborate and work closely with the economic innovation advisor to put into place new ideas and pilots that will improve the platforms economic stability.
- Manage relationships with partners/clients as delegated by the Programmes Manager
- Ensure all youth hub activities are monitored and evaluated efficiently and effectively to capture learning and impact.
- Connect with youth hubs in the country, region and world to learn and bring new ideas to the platform
- Supervise and support staff, interns and volunteers working on initiatives that fall under the Youth Hub.
- Organizational development activities
- Any degree discipline is acceptable for entry into the profession, although a Masters in any Social Sciences will be added advantage.
- At least 3 years working experience of designing and delivering participatory trainings
- Experience of youth activism; passionate about youth-led activism
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation or capturing learning for projects
- Experience of running events and coordinating complex activities
- Experience of setting up systems
- An understanding of ActionAid work around youth issues
Other Required Competences
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to write concise, analytical and accurate reports to meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to relate well and build a rapport with a diverse range of people
- Detail focused, time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Integrity and professionalism: personal initiative and ability to take ownership; willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently.
- Accountability: mature and responsible; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
- Genuine commitment towards the Human Rights-Based Approach principles which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the organization’s core values.
Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resources, ActionAid Zambia, P O Box 51407, Lusaka. Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 13th March 2019 at 17:00.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed candidates. ActionAid’s Website: www.actionaid.org/zambia