ChildFund Zambia wishes to recruit for the positions listed below to be part of its Country Office Core Team to be based at the Country Office in Lusaka.
Responsible for providing support to the human resources and administrative functions of the Country Office.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risk, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Supporting Country Office HR functions:
- Coordinate employee engagement and logistics for face to face trainings and activities in assigned Country Office
- Develop and coordinate face to face onboarding and offboarding activities in collaboration with the HR manager and Global HR Service Specialist
- Create and maintain personnel files
- Supports compliance with employee grievance, disciplinary and performance management programs and policies and all legal employment obligations in line with existing local labor and other related laws.
- Supports the implementation of staff programs and policies
- Serving as HR point person representing ChildFund on in-country HR networks and in case of internal or external inquiries and requirements
Support Country Office Administration
- Responsible for country office facility, fleet, and asset management (vehicles, office machines, etc.), including maintenance oversight/coordination, maintaining, upgrading, and disposing of assets in the most cost-effective manner, insurance negotiation and management and budget development.
- Responsible for procurement and supply chain management, (oversight of stock, warehousing and distribution of materials, office supplies and minor items).
- Responsible for logistics management of visitors and meetings (visitor arrangements, visa processing logistics for in-country meetings, etc.).
- Responsible for administrative actions resulting from governmental requirements (like tax filings) and/or required under ChildFund`s registration.
- Responsible for development and management of annual administration budget.
- 1-2 years’ experience in an office administration and or/ human resources capacity, preferably in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated prior experience in an administrative support role;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language (i.e., French, Spanish or Portuguese) preferred
- Excellent understanding of office administration practices and contract negotiation
- Prior experience in human resources,
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications (spreadsheet, database, accounting operations software, project management software, presentation software)
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at the same time, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong confidentiality ethic, demonstrate flexibility, and versatility in adjusting to changing environments and requirements as necessary
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
Interested applicants are advised to email their application letters and CVs only in one document and clearly stating the position being applied for as the subject to the following address; [email protected] not later than 5:00 pm July, 26, 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ChildFund Zambia is an equal opportunity employer