Location: Project Management Unit – Kasama
Reporting to: Project Finance and Administration Manager
Purpose of Position
To oversee and coordinate administrative support within the project. Provision of varied and complex office facilitating issues of procurements in line with World Vision Zambia policies and standards. Ensure proper management of schedules/appointments with partners within and outside the organization, provide professional assistance to staff, donors and partners to facilitate programming that will contribute to achievement of the Prevent! Sexual Gender Based Violence Project outcomes.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of Spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Organize, coordinate and give support to meetings and workshops
- In liaison with Grant Accountant and Administration Officer at National Office ensure maintenance and updated fixed asset register
- Receive and screen incoming calls and sending out going
- Plan, organize and prepare for WV partners
- Receive and screen in coming and out – going correspondences
- Maintain calendar schedules and appointments for senior management on the project
- Ensure adequate flow of information and effective communication on activities relevant to the project.
- Ensure utility bills are processed and paid
- Carry out all activities as outlined in the work plan for the project
Stores and Procurement
- Ensure that general supplies and requisitions are processed and prepared in accordance with procedures and standards
- Prepare local purchase orders for Partners/stakeholders
- Request for the replenishment of stores and Issue goods as per requisitions
- Receive incoming goods, enter in Bin Cards and update the stores database
- Request for payments and work with supply chain for any PREVENT SGBV project Purchases
- Ensure that office requirements and stationery are in place and distributed accordingly.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Ensure assets are updated, tagged and maintained for the project
- Report on any assets that may require disposal in accordance with WV Policy to supervisor for further action
Office Maintenance and Repairs
- Monitor maintenance and repairs of office premises, equipment/machines in ensuring a conducive working environment and report accordingly
- Coordinate and ensure building and maintenance issues for general repair (heating and air conditioning, security, cleaning, painting, etc.), are done in liaison with Supervisor and relevant departmental heads.
- Supervise 3rd Party security, maintenance and cleaning contractors and ensure the work is done accordingly
- Undertake assessments with relevant departmental heads to identify gaps and improvement areas in relation to the above and report for further action.
- Show spiritual maturity, integrity and energetic personal sense calling, through attendance of daily devotions and other spiritual nurture programmes.
- Participate in budgeting
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisors
- Honest, hardworking, team player and pro- active
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/ in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications, Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration, degree in any social science is added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in an NGO or grant funded environment
- Fluency English both written and spoken
- Good report writing skills
- Good Communication, organizing, coordinating and interpersonal skills essential
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Must be computer literate