Essential Job Functions include
- Deliver the administrative support for the recruitment process, including assisting in the updating of job descriptions, placing adverts, responding to applications, arranging interviews and keeping records of the process.
- Send out offer letters, accompanying documents, references and contracts of employment to new employees in a timely manner and complete the new employees procedure, including coordinating the induction of new employees.
- Process Human Resources (HR) data and payroll/HRIS entries and reports in the DOVE HR management information system in a timely manner and in compliance with established practices; maintain up-to-date documentation, file/scan related personnel records.
- Keep track of employee changes such as starters, leavers, salary changes, etc. and work with the Payroll Administrator to communicate changes to the payroll on a monthly basis and resolve any payroll queries.
- Monitor probation periods in liaison with line managers and advise to confirm completion or extension.
- Maintain records and logging systems for performance review forms, annual leave and absence and ensure all personnel files are up to date.
- As directed, provide guidance to employees and line management in regard to HR policies and practices and relevant employment law.
- Support managers with performance management and disciplinary meetings and procedures
- As requested, conduct investigations, coordinate with department management and advise on the process for employee coaching and corrective actions.
- Consolidate HR reports from the project HR Officers into monthly/quarterly reports and prepare documents and presentations as required.
- Deputise and, or represent the HR Manager as need arises.
Qualifications and skills
- HR degree with at least 3 years’ experience, or Diploma with at least 5 years’ experience
- Associate Member, or better of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management, with valid practicing licence
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and competence with DOVE HRIS, or similar HR Information system
- Good knowledge of Zambian employment laws
- Attention to detail and organizational skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands, work under time pressure and meet deadlines, with objectivity, neutrality and calmness under pressure
- Personal integrity to handle confidential information
- Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received by 28th July, 2020.
- The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
- Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
- Please indicate your current, or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
- Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.