SUMMARY OF ROLE
We believe that life skills are essential for an individual’s personal and professional development. Build It International is now seeking a Life Skills trainer to help our trainees develop core life skills particularly those needed to be successful in a working environment. We are looking for a motivated, inspiring and energetic individual who is experienced in delivering life skills training professionally. The role is available on a part-time basis to deliver the trainings as required by course. We expect 10 days of training to be delivered to 9 cohorts of trainees, consisting of up to 25 people in each cohort. The trainings are expected to take place between March and September 2019.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Delivery of Life Skills
- Using BII’s Life Skills manual, deliver a 10-day life skills course to BII’s building skills trainees both at BII’s Centre for Excellence and at BII’s community based projects
- Develop daily lesson plans and production of resources for delivery of training
- Understand BII’s approach to Life Skills and make suggestions for improving the existing Life Skills manual
- Ensure highest standards of teaching throughout delivery, using a creative and interactive approach
- Be conscious of one’s own values and recognise the importance of modelling valued behaviours to co-workers, individuals receiving training and the community at large
- Conduct follow-up visits with trainees during work placements
- Report against delivery of training for each cohort of trainees following the initial 5 days of training and subsequent trainings.
- Complete all attendance logs, performance sheets and other documentation as required
- This individual will report directly to the Training Manager and work closely with:
- BII’s Trainee Officer
- BII’s Project Officer
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Social Work or related field
- Minimum of three years of experience in professional Life Skills training or five years of experience in a related field.
- Previous experience of working with an NGO is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management
- Ability to relate positively to BII’s target group: men and women aged 18-35 years with minimal prior vocational skills or experience
- Creative and dynamic thinker able to problem solve and adapt messages to suit the audience
- Affinity to BII’s mission and values of High Standards, Empowerment, Courage and Collaboration
- Valid driver’s license and means to travel to BII’s training Centre for Excellence and when required, community projects in Lusaka and beyond
- Ability and willingness to work in rural locations when required
- Willingness to work part-time (expected 10 days per course) on a service level agreement.
Check that you meet the basic requirements listed in the job description
Your application should consist of the following:
1. A CV which includes:
i) List of relevant professional qualifications, stating where you studied and when. Include any relevant short course training/workshops.
2. A one-page cover letter telling us what interests you about the position.
Please save your CV and cover letter with your full names e.g. MULENGA MWAMBA CV and MULENGA MWAMBA COVER LETTER
E-mail applications to: [email protected] or hand deliver to 21381 Mushakashela Road, Woodlands, Lusaka.
Application deadline: 19th February 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED