Plans, designs and conducts research and development activities to enhance the Institute’s performance and delivery of services to the clients. Role holder is involved in research, data generation and collection using standard and well-defined methods. The purpose of the position is to provide well researched and analyzed information, economic and statistical data on social and economic matters to be used by the Institute and stakeholders for policy direction and decision making. The role is aimed at assisting in the review and strengthening of the Research, Consultancy and Development activities execution capacity of the Division.
Reports to: Director -Research, Consultancy and Development Division
Knowledge and Skills requirements
- PhD.in social sciences
- Masters Degree in social sciences with minimum three (3) years experience in applied research with ability to initiate and execute a diverse portfolio of research projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences with merit preferred
- 5 ‘0’ Levels or higher acceptable at a University awarding a BA/BSc Degree qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of ten (10) years postgraduate relevant experience at supervisory level
- Evidence of publications in area of specialization.
- Must have held a similar position in an academic or training institution or a similar organization
- Good analytical, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Team player and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques
How to Apply