To achieve the above mission, we are looking for a talented and ambitious Chief Financial Officer (CFO) who will be in charge of finance and risk management strategy of our operations in Zambia. This will include developing and implementing finance, risk management and administrative policies and procedures, as well as ensuring accurate financial reporting, sustainable growth and strengthening internal controls. This role at our company is challenging and demands great attention to detail, results-driven, innovative and growth mindset, as well as the confidence to make strategic financial decisions. You will report administratively to the Country Director and operationally to the global CFO.
- Formulating the strategic direction of the company, monitor strategic business plan implementation, and establish the key performance indicators that support strategic direction.
- Provide effective financial management in key functional areas spanning business planning, budgeting, implementation and resource management.
- Establish suitable costing systems, lead the budgeting process, monitor expenditure, approve financial resources allocation, and ensure strict budget adherence.
- Safeguard the business through development and implementation of robust internal controls and ensure that all the processes and procedures meet regulatory standards.
- Develop and review the financial policies and procedures, identify and suggest policy improvements, as well as creating and implementing financial plans.
- Oversee the company transaction processing systems and ensure that quarterly, and annual financial reports, are timely prepared to the acceptable regulatory standards.
- Manage the cash flow according to company policies to mitigate risks, and ensure the efficient allocation of resources for the smooth operation of the company.
- Manage the preparation and submission of the statutory payments to maintain compliance.
- Establish and implement an effective personnel development plan that includes hiring and training, as well as fostering the culture of collaboration, creativity, accountability, best practices and high performance in the team.
- At least 6 years of experience of which 3 years should be at managerial level in a bank, microfinance institution or a similar regulated financial institution.
- Demonstrate knowledge of regulatory requirements of a financial institution in Zambia, and thorough understanding of business operational risk.
- Proven track record in designing, developing and implementing financial processes and procedures to achieve profitability.
- A Zambian resident with experience in growing and managing a finance team.
- Ability to optimise resources, execute urgently, and prioritise to meet agreed on deadlines using a candid approach without surprises.
- Excellent presentation and management skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Full professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CA or CIMA.
- ZICA membership.
- An MBA would be a bonus, although not a requirement.
The position is based at our country office in Lusaka, Zambia.
WORKFORCE DIVERSITY: We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to achieving diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate based on race, religion or belief, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin or marital status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our team and business stronger as we work together to transform the financial system. If you need assistance and/or reasonable adjustments due to disability during the application or recruitment process, please send an email to; [email protected] and we will be happy to make appropriate arrangements for you. If you are a good fit and are interested, please send your CV and all supporting documents to [email protected] and we will be in touch as soon as possible.