ChildFund Zambia wishes to recruit for the position listed below to be part of its Country Office Core Team to be based at the Country Office in Lusaka.
Child Protection Specialist (1)
The Child Protection Specialist provides technical support to ChildFund´s child protection portfolio in the country, in development and emergency contexts. The Specialist works collaboratively with, national and international colleagues and partners in support of strong core program design, implementation, evaluation and learning in line with ChildFund’s theory of change, program strategies and standards for child protection in all three Life Stages for children.
Child protection expertise
- Positions ChildFund as a significant lead organization on child protection issues. Child rights and protection situation analysis, portfolio review on aspects of child protection and leads the development of CO program approaches within the theory of change and program models related to child protection. Facilitates/promotes child protection networks in alliance with local governments, institutions and organizations. Engages with partners to ensure that community-based child protection mechanisms, are in place and linked to formal child protection system in line with national policies and standards, in communities where ChildFund supports core outcomes for children.
- As needed, deploys to emergency responses and work closely with response teams in country office to establish child protection responses through coordination, assessment, proposal development, program startup and evaluation.
Grant Acquisition and Management
- Identification, development and maintenance of relationships with current and prospective donor especially as it relates to Child Protection. As needed, participates on proposal development teams, including preparation of technical proposals, capacity statements, and concept notes as they pertain to child protection.
- Child Protection focal point and follows-up on all complaints received, to ensure appropriate measures are taken per ChildFund’s policies and country’s legal framework. Investigation supports decision-making and implementation of appropriate actions in case, on violations in child safeguarding standards by staff or partner organizations.
- Development of staff skills on child protection in general and child safeguarding standards, in line with ChildFund’s safeguarding policy and procedures. Engagement with partners to ensure their understanding of ChildFund’s child safeguarding policy and standards.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
Knowledge management and learning
- Develop learning and knowledge products in relation to child protection that meet standards and enable organization-wide learning and sharing by documenting approaches, project and program designs and lessons, case studies and other knowledge products. Seek and leverage existing knowledge products in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- At least 5 years of experience results-based child protection program design, implementation and/or evaluation in relation to community-based and/or national child protection systems and stakeholders
- In-depth understanding of in country child protection legal frameworks, situation, mechanism, issues and services.
- Proven ability to provide high quality child protection technical assistance, guidance, and coaching to field-based implementing staff and partners.
- Proven excellent communication, networking, presentation, public-speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in proposal development and writing including technical design, strategies, and narratives.
- English proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant area required. Equivalent relevant work experience may be acceptable in lieu of degree
Interested applicants are advised to email their application letters and CVs only in one document and clearly stating the position being applied for as the subject to the following address; [email protected] not later than 5:00 pm July, 26, 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ChildFund Zambia is an equal opportunity employer