The Director ART/TB – will provide leadership for USAID DISCOVER-Health in the area of HIV clinical services, including TB/HIV co-infection. He/she is expected to have significant HIV and TB technical expertise and clinical experience, and to have a good understanding of both HIV and TB service delivery, in Zambia or in a similar setting. Reporting to the Deputy Project Director- Clinical Services, the Director ART/TB – is the lead HIV care and treatment specialist within USAID DISCOVER-Health, ensuring HIV and TB care and treatment programs are clinically sound, evidence-based, and aligned with the priorities of the Ministry of Health, USAID, PEPFAR, and program beneficiaries.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership for USAID DISCOVER-Health adult and paediatric HIV clinical services and TB/HIV services;
- Support innovative approaches to test, initiate, retain and attain viral suppression for patients enrolled in the USAID DISCOVER-Health program;
- Provide technical assistance, training, and mentorship to USAID DISCOVER-Health site teams in HIV clinical care and TB/HIV;
- Develop/source, disseminate, and ensure operationalization of national/international training materials and systematically update technical and other staff on HIV clinical care and TB/HIV;
- Lead the collaboration with the HIV Testing Services team in building the Project’s capacity in providing HIV index case testing for all eligible clients
- Lead the continued improvement in client retention, and quality of care indicators including viral load coverage and treatment of latent tuberculosis (TPT) within Project sites
- Provide technical input and expertise in shaping sustainable HIV and TB/HIV service provision to the target populations through networking and forging strategic partnerships;
- Coordinate work planning for achieving USAID DISCOVER-Health’s HIV and TB/HIV objectives and provide leadership and supervision to ensure set targets are met;
- Lead HIV clinical care and TB/HIV evaluation activities to inform further programming;
- Support documentation of program experiences in HIV clinical care and TB/HIV, as well as knowledge sharing to internal and external audiences around USAID DISCOVER-Health’s programs, including publishing in peer-reviewed journals;
- Represents USAID DISCOVER-Health in local, national, and international meetings and events related to HIV clinical care and TB/HIV, as appropriate.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- MBChB, MBBS or equivalent, with training in HIV clinical care and TB/HIV;
- Master’s degree in public health or other related field; infectious diseases’ training an added advantage;
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the area of HIV or TB service provision;
- Ability to lead a team and interact effectively with other Project staff, GRZ and other counterparts, and other players involved in HIV clinical care and TB/HIV and in broader public health;
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills;
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel regularly to monitor regional and site level HIV clinical care and TB/HIV services.
Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full address and contact telephone number/s. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees. Please send e-mail applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: August Friday 7th 2020.