Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced applicants to fill the following vacant position in the Information and Communications Technology Department.
SENIOR APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER (1) ECZ3 HQ
Reporting to the Manager – ICT Systems, the Senior Applications Developer will analyze, design, code, test, implement, monitor and enhance new and existing computer systems that meet Examinations Council of Zambia requirements and specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, update, modify and manage-technical specifications for in-house developed systems
- Produce requirement specification and system design
- Modify and update all in-house developed software to meet user requirements
- Undertake feasibility studies and analyze projects to determine their viability of software development
- Code and test planned systems, and prepare project plans
- Prepare specifications for System Acceptance Test
- Prepare Gap Analysis documents after implementation of systems and release notes
- Thoroughly test systems using developed test plans
- Provide technical support to users
- Observe, troubleshoot, test, diagnose and resolve faults in the software
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- School Certificate or its equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Studies or Information Technology
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in Information Technology
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in Software Development
- In-depth knowledge and skills in Windows and Web applications
- Certification in Project Management, Programming Language or Database Administration is an added advantage
- Must be a member of a relevant Information Technology professional body
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter, copies of Academic and or Professional certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees and day time telephone numbers. All applications must reach the undersigned not later than 24 th July, 2018.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Electronic applications will not be accepted.
The Council Secretary Examinations Council of Zambia Haile Selassie Avenue, Longacres P.O Box 50432 LUSAKA