- Facilities/Maintenance Manager oversees all F/M staff and outsourced
operations ensuring all electrical, mechanical, structures, vehicles, equipment,
tools, fixtures, etc are maintained in proper working order and
available/maintained in a timely, planned manner. To do so the F/M Manager is
responsible for developing all scheduled maintenance programs and updating
programs as necessary along with developing new maintenance programs on an
as needed basis. The Facilities/Maintenance Manager is responsible for
Campus Landscaping Maintenance including gardening, irrigation, new
landscaping projects and associated maintenance programs. The F/M Manager
is also responsible for all F/M related capital projects including management of
new construction projects, with and as directed by the Vice-President of
- The Facilities/Maintenance Manager will be expected to work specifically with NU Faculty and Staff to provide room and venue set-up as requested for on-campus activities and off-campus events.
- The Facilities/Maintenance Manager will be expected to be a role model for the
Northrise University vision and mission and engage peers, staff, all NU
stakeholders, and outside contractors with the highest level of honesty and
integrity at all times.
- Candidates will have 5-10 years of management experience in Facilities and
Maintenance in medium to larger-sized operations.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Civil Engineering Degree or Facilities
Management degree or Project Management degree or Business
Admin/Management degree for a person with work experience in Facilities
- Technical certification is a plus.
- Work and Management experience in facility and equipment maintenance.
- Specific work experience in leading a team and cross-functional projects.
- Individual experience with tools and equipment operation.
- Demonstrated organizational and record-keeping competency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including MS Excel and Word.
- Strong orientation to Excellence in hands-on leadership, follow-up and completion of tasks.
- Receptivity to communication, overall direction and priorities of supervisor and NU leadership.
- Being able to perform within policies and procedures of Northrise University.
- Conformance to greater vision and mission of Northrise University.
- 24/7 availability in emergency situations.
Write an Application for employment letter with the position specified Attach a resume and other documents including your complete education certificates and transcripts, work references, and employment information. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Send the letter to Human Resource Officer NU using the post or the email address below.
Email: [email protected] ; or
Campus Center 30029 Kitwe-Ndola Dual Carriage Highway (Opposite Twapia Turn-off) P.O. Box 240271, Ndola, Copperbelt, 10101