PHARMACY TECHNICIAN X1
Family Legacy Missions Zambia is a Non-Governmental Organisation based in Lusaka, Zambia. The organization supports orphaned and vulnerable children in Zambia through education sponsorship programmes and accommodation facilities.
The pharmacy technician will work with the Hill Wellness Center team in providing pharmaceutical services to all patients. He or she will provide a high standard of pharmaceutical service that consistently meets the needs of all services within the clinic while complying with all legal requirements. They will work collaboratively with healthcare professionals to enhance patient safety and ensure that all medicines are handled in a safe and effective management.
- Inform the Health and wellness Center pharmaceutical management framework by assisting in the forecasting, procurement, stock control, security, dispensing, safety and disposal of medicines at the highest standard while maintaining compliance with national guidelines, relevant policies, procedures, and legislation.
- Comply with national laws as regulated by Zambia Medicine Regulatory Authority, Zambia Environmental Management Agency, and the Health Care Professions of Zambia by:
- Documents appropriately.
- Maintaining records of controlled substances.
- Removing expired and damaged drugs from pharmacy inventory and overseeing proper disposal.
- Maintaining current registration.
- Advising management on needed action.
- Maintain a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with clinic policy and procedures.
- Package, label, and dispenses pharmaceuticals as per written pharmaceutical order and Health & Wellness Centre policy.
- Counsel clients and provides pharmacological information and answers to clients regarding any and all medications. Will notify Head Nurse with concerns or queries.
- Ensure that stock levels of medicines, medical gases, and intravenous fluids are adequate to cover the clinic requirements and that stock is stored in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and Center policy.
- Maintain pharmacological knowledge by participating in Continual Professional Development activities.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Monitor and report drug errors, adverse drug reactions, allergies, and patient adherence issues.
- Preform medicine reconciliation assessments and audits as directed by clinic policy.
- Maintain an environment of patient, team member, and employer confidentiality.
- Wear protective equipment as per Infection Control and Health & Wellness Center policy.
Skills and Competencies
- Possess good organizational and planning skills.
- Good project execution skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess good problem-solving abilities.
- Possess and be willing to display a positive attitude and willingness to be a positive agent for change.
- Possess the ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities; be flexible.
- Be able to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing), and consistently demonstrate a positive/proactive service attitude.
- Consistently maintain ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, and among all employees and members of the public.
- Demonstrate commitment to Family Legacy mission, vision, and values.
- Must possess a diploma in pharmaceutical studies degree will be an added advantage.
- Have 1 year of experience in a clinical pharmacy.
- Possess Zambian licensure as a pharmacy technician.
- Possess the ability to work flexible and extended hours and travel as needed.
- Have the ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds.
- Possess a strong desire to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Applications composed of CV and scanned academic certificates should be sent as one word or PDF document to [email protected], clearly labeling the position applied for in the subject line or hand delivered to plot 78/100 off Lake Road, Ibex Hill, Lusaka, Zambia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is 5th October 2018.