Family Legacy Missions Zambia is a Non-Governmental Organisation based in Lusaka, Zambia. The organization supports orphaned and vulnerable children in Zambia through education sponsorship programmes and accommodation facilities.
The Receptionist is responsible for greeting all patients and visitors that come into the clinic and offer them friendly and prompt assistance while coordinating patient care. The Receptionist organizes appointments and clinical records (i.e., manages files), and performs clerical and other tasks in order to ensure smooth and efficient functioning of the clinic.
- Greet and welcome patients promptly after arrival.
- Maintain the general excellent condition of reception (i.e., waiting room).
- Make appointments and check patients in when they arrive for an appointment in accordance with the clinic policy.
- Keep client files organized at all times.
- Keep multi-provider schedule up to date with both in-house and referral of patient appointments.
- Coordinate patient flow by directing clients to the appropriate room at the appropriate time and notifying their provider (e.g., nurse, counselor).
- Assist with patient travel by liaising with Fleet Commander.
- Respond and/or redirect all inquiries by patients and visitors in a courteous manner.
- Keep medical office supplies adequately stocked by performed weekly checks.
- Comply with all relevant practice policies and procedures and to maintain confidentiality at all times with particular reference to patient information and records.
- Maintain an environment of patient, team member, and employer confidentiality.
- Wear protective equipment as per Infection Control and Health & Wellness Center policy.
Skills and Competencies
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Possess good project execution skills, be detail oriented, and possess the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess and be willing to display a positive attitude and willingness to be a positive agent for change.
- Possess the ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities; be flexible.
- Be able to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing), and consistently demonstrate a positive/proactive service attitude.
- Consistently maintain ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, and among all employees and members of the public.
- Demonstrate commitment to Family Legacy mission, vision, and values.
- Hold a Grade 12 certificate.
- Certificate or diploma in secretarial studies will be an added advantage
- Should have a strong command of the English language.
- Polite with ability to communicate well
- Have 1 year of experience as a receptionist, secretary, or similar customer service role.
- Have strong knowledge of MS Office and computer management.
- Be adept in learning computer applications. Having experience with 1 or more years working with a computer professionally is preferred.
- Possess the ability to work flexible and extended hours and travel as needed.
- Have the ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds.
- Possess a strong desire to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Applications composed of CV and scanned academic certificates should be sent as one word or PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly labeling the position applied for in the subject line or hand delivered to plot 78/100 off Lake Road, Ibex Hill, Lusaka, Zambia.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is 5th October 2018.