CDWA is recruiting a:
Finance and Administration Officer (Full time)
Reporting to the Coordinator
As Finance and Administration officer the job will be to attend to the day to day management of the books of accounts and general administration of business systems including human capital to attain financial viability and efficient service delivery outlined in the Association’s Constitution , Strategic plan and Business plans.
Duties and responsibilities
- Management of all the financial resources of the organisation
- Ensure that the organisations funds, documents and securities are kept under safe custody.
- Keep track of financial transactions of the organisation so as to ensure that money earned and spent is properly accounted for.
- Ensure that transactions are recorded in the correct General ledger books to ease reporting and monitoring and control.
- Keep full accurate accounts of all receipts and payment in the books of the organisation
- Make such payments from the funds of the organisation according to the budget as may be authorised by the coordinator
- Prepare timely and accurate quarterly financial reports
- Ensure that all units have banked their daily sales
- Prepare financial statements for audit
- Undertake investment appraisal to ascertain viability of projects
- Undertake various strategies and rehearse with donor communities to acquire funds for the organisation.
- General business administration
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Coordinator.
Qualities and Skills
- Honest and dedicated to duty
- Excellent personal and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft word and excel
- Knowledge of accounting packages such as pastel or quick books
- Good negotiation skills
- Minimum of grade twelve (12) certificate with five O levels including mathematics and English
- Possess a diploma in accounting/ZICA Licentiate/ACCA stage two or any other professional qualification
- Degree in accounting or business will be an added advantage
- Member of Zambia Institute of chartered accountants (ZICA).
What we have to offer
A position that requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in a dynamic agribusiness market and in close cooperation with various organisations in the agricultural sector. At Chipata District Women Association the work environment is collegial and ambitious and the focus is on achieving and running a profitable enterprise. As Finance and Admin officer, you will be working under the supervision of the coordinator.
Are you interested?
If you are interested in the job and fit the profile. Apply by Friday 7th August 2020 by sending your cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected]. The Cover letter should be addressed to:
The Chairperson Chipata District Women Association Room LG 05 NAPSA Building Umodzi Highway, Chipata Eastern Province Zambia
Women and youths are strongly encouraged to apply. For more information feel free to contact us via email.