First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements ,policies ,procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health ,safety, environment and quality as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Transfer skills and knowledge as per module to all learners
- Adapt Learning material as per required needs
- Manage and maintain all training material and equipment
- Report on training conducted within the discipline
- Capture and record all training completed
- Bachelor of science degree in Physics
- A minimum of 3 year relevant experience in a Teaching environment
- Experience in teaching or lecturing Physics and Mathematics
- Good liaison skills
- Computer literate with existing systems
- Able to Coordinate Examinations
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times
- Good inter personal skills
- Good communication skills
- Works with minimum supervision
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill of the trade
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of individuals
- Overtime work when required
- Develop, maintain and implement training material where needed
- Computer literacy
- Coordinate Examinations
- Teaching background
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Beware of imposters who call applicants purporting to be HR Officers and requesting money for work. First Quantum Minerals does not request applicants to pay any fees for possible placement within FQM in Zambia. Please report any activities of this nature to the Zambian Police and Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), and in addition call and inform FQM Security at Kansanshi on 0966154417 and +260 212 658444.
Applications close: 24 Sep 2018 FLE Daylight Time