First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- The incumbent will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function;
- Identify worn & faulty components needs in accordance with the Company Standards;
- Advice customer of work required to ensure vehicle is in road worthy condition;
- Remove & refit components and carry out tyre related adjustments in accordance with the Technical Standards and Work Instructions;
- Repair Tyres in accordance with the Technical Standards and Work Instructions;
- Contribute to Good Housekeeping routines;
- Place goods and materials into storage and participate in stock routines as directed;
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures;
- Perform tyre replacements, repairs and balancing on motor vehicles;
- Complete tyre request forms as well as collect tyres from other departments; and
- Report any broken, faulty, damaged equipment to management team
Specific Job Competencies:
- Standby work required
- Overtime when necessary
- Exposure to dust, heat and noise
- PC Literacy
Key Job Attributes:
- Bolder, smarter, driven
- Detail Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Sober habits
- Able to perform his duties with the least supervision
- Safety conscious
- Have a team work spirit attitude.
- Team work
Qualifications & Experience:
- Craft certificate in Heavy equipment Repair or Automotive mechanics
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience as a tyre fitter in heavy equipment area
- Must be prepared to relocate to Kalumbila, work overtime and or do shift work as necessary.
Beware of imposters who call applicants purporting to be HR Officers and requesting money for work. First Quantum Minerals does not request applicants to pay any fees for possible placement within FQM in Zambia. Please report any activities of this nature to the Zambian Police and Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), and in addition call and inform FQM Kalumbila Minerals Limited on a 24/7 Call Centre number +260963659999
Applications close: 16 Oct 2018 FLE Daylight Time