First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Stores management; ensuring equipment, tools, parts and supplies are accounted for received, examined, requisitioned and recorded accurately.
- Conducts physical inventory of materials.
- Directs and participates in the issuing of materials, tools and equipment requisitioned by’ operating crews.
- Initiates requisitions in pronto to replenish stock on the basis of material on hand in relation to departmental uses.
- Manages inventory to prevent over stocking of materials with a low turnover rate and under stocking of materials with a high turnover rate.
- Cleans, inspects, supervises (where applicable) and participates in cleaning assigned storerooms and maintaining parts staging area in an orderly fashion
- Process tool repairs / replacement requests
- Maintain tooling register
- Ensure adherence to safety practices including keeping tool store clean and free of all hazards
- Return / credit parts to main warehouse after the agreed time limit
- Ensure Core returns are packaged, labelled and processed correctly
- Ensure routable repairs items are packaged, labelled and processed correctly
- Entering of odometer readings into pronto
- Receiving and dispatching of vehicles/equipment
- Calling up vehicles / equipment for maintenance
- Time sheet management
- Performs related work as required and assigned by superior.
- Craft certificate in Heavy equipment Repair or Automotive mechanics
- Certificate in operations management/ warehouse/logistics – not necessary but added advantage
Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience working in a warehouse or tool store
- Computer literate in Microsoft office – word, excel, outlook.
- Bolder, smarter, driven
- Ability to mentor subordinates
- Sound planning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be prepared to relocate to Kalumbila, work overtime and or do shift work as necessary.
Beware of imposters who call applicants purporting to be HR Officers and requesting money for work. First Quantum Minerals does not request applicants to pay any fees for possible placement within FQM in Zambia. Please report any activities of this nature to the Zambian Police and Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), and in addition call and inform FQM Kalumbila Minerals Limited on a 24/7 Call Centre number +260963659999.
Applications close: 16 Oct 2018 FLE Daylight Time