To coordinate the resource, administration and student welfare aspects of the centre’s provision at Kenneth Kaunda Metropolitan University Lusaka. To work flexibly and closely with academic and support teams to deliver excellent student experience. In doing so create and maintain a suite of key performance indicators to facilitate accurate benchmarking across other ISC sites. The underpinning factor common to all aspects of this role is the need to deliver the best possible experience for our students.
- Manage the office, classroom and communal environments ensuring a professional presentation at all times.
- Produce written reports to a high standard for both internal and external users. This includes the logging of student concern data in line with college policies.
- To supervise students to ensure that acceptable standards of behaviour are maintained at all times through the appropriate use of the Student Disciplinary Policy. Within this, undertake appropriate actions up to the Second Formal Review stage.
- Assist with various duties in the preparation and delivery of centre promotional events including the Centre Open Day.
- To act as a college representative to outside users of the college’s site outside of normal working hours ensuring good customer service and the enhancement of the college’s reputation.
- With support from curriculum staff ensure that all site resources are fit for purpose and reflect the professional values of the college.
Qualifications / Skills / Knowledge / Qualities:
- Educated to a minimum of Bachelors Degree level
- Recent experience of working with young people in a supportive role
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency in MS Windows based applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- A thorough understanding of the issues affecting student welfare
- The ability to produce high quality written reports
- Ability to effectively and confidently engage with young people
- Flexible approach to working hours
- A thorough understanding of professional standards and outstanding attention to detail.