We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programs focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has programme areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is seeking a suitable person to fill the positions of Microfinance Coordinator to be based in Luapula.
Microfinance Coordinator – Luapula Program Area
The position exists to coordinate micro finance activities in all Plan International Zambia operational areas and Program Implementation Area under the Financial Inclusion through Traditional Leadership (FIT) project, in order to ensure a high level of interaction between Plan Communities and other stakeholders in community based microfinance activities.
The Incumbent reports to the Economic Security and Youth Empowerment Manager. The incumbent provides technical support to all stakeholders including the associates to ensure the Implementation of implementing partners (IPs) and associates to ensure the implementation of the project.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Promote and Support Plan to fully operationalize the microfinance OSAWE (Own Savings for Assets and Wealth Creation) model for the microfinance (VSLA methodology) and capacity building of youth in entrepreneurship skills.
- Community Capacity Building
- Participate in the Planning, Delivery, Monitoring and Evaluation of Micro Finance program in Plan’s operational Area
- Contribute to the management of Microfinance at National level
- Establishing in-house networks to enhance integration of Micro Finance programs
- Ensure all training events have a component of Safe Guarding Children and Young People Policy
- Minimum qualification; degree in development work or related fields.
- 3-5 years practical experience in a similar role in a development organization.
- Must possess proven ability to create good working relationships with partners, donors, NGO’S and relevant line Ministries
- Excellent planning, monitoring and evaluation of information.
- Advanced Computer Skills
- possessing a diving license will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of local language respectively will be an added advantage
- Strategic thinking
All applications close Friday 2nd August 2019. Please click on the link to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We foster an organisational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.