1.0 About SNV
The Netherlands Development Organization (SNV-ZAMBIA) is an international not-for-profit development organization that believes in contributing to poverty alleviation in Zambia through various programs/projects that it implements. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, SNV has built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNVs global team of Local and International advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisation with tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services- empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. SNV provides services in Agriculture, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, and Renewable Energy. The recipients of these services include governmental institutions, non-governmental organizations and private sector organizations, communities and individual households.
2.0 Tasks and deliveries;
SNV Zambia invites Mobile Phones Service Providers/Suppliers to submit their bids for providing Talk time and Mobile Phones to All SNV ZAMBIA members of staff.
Talk time to All SNV ZAMBIA member of staff shall be sent once direct to individual phones to be provided.
- Talk time shall be sent on the 25th day of each month.
- Contract Phones shall be provided by the Mobile Phones Service
- Provider/Supplier to all SNV members of staff (-/+70).
- Talk Time monthly Schedules/ Allocation per Member of Staff. (Refer to Annex #01)
- The Mobile Phones Service Provider/Supplier shall determine what type of Mobile phone to be issued to the SNV member of staff depending on the Talk time monthly allocation of the respective staff.
- The Mobile phones to be provided shall be part of the talk time monthly allocation package and shall not attract any further costs on SNV.
- Mobile phones to shall be replaced by the Mobile service provider/supplier once every 12 months.
- The contract with the Mobile service provider/supplier shall be for two years and subject to renewal depending on performance.
- Some Mobile numbers shall be entitled to both talk time and data. (Refer to Annex #01)
2.0 Selection criteria
The Mobile service provider/Supplier will be assessed based on the following;
- Proof of registration with PACRA, ZICTA, ZRA & ZPPA.
- Reference check/recommendations from other organisations (INGOs preferably).
- Efficiency of the Network Speed to be provided by the Mobile service provider/Supplier.
- Suggested mobile phones to be provided by the Mobile service provider/Supplier in line with talk time entitlements.
- Any other incentive that maybe provided by the Mobile service provider/Supplier.
3.0 Location and Period of Service
This engagement will be executed from Lusaka and the services so agreed will be provided to the whole SNV Zambia through the Country office in Lusaka. The relationship will be reviewed every two years by both parties.
All invoices shall be submitted to the Finance dept. for payment in the first week of each month. SNV shall process all approved payments within seven (7) working days
Refer to Annex # 02 invoicing instructions
5.0 Submission of Bids/Quotation:
1. Email to: [email protected] and [email protected] the subject line should read ‘MOBILE SERVICE PROVIDER-TALK TIME & PHONES (2 YEAR CONTRACT)” 2. Postal: Procurement Office, SNV Netherlands Development Organisation 7, Nkanchibaya Road, Rhodes Park, Lusaka, Zambia
Submissions are to be made available to SNV no later than 29TH March 2019.