ChildFund Zambia wishes to recruit for the positions listed below to be part of its Country Office Core Team to be based at the Country Office in Lusaka.
Monitoring & Evaluation/Knowledge Management and Learning Manager (1)
The M&E/KML Manager assures the quality of M&E and KML practices in accordance with industry standards and in accordance with ChildFund global systems and processes. He/she also supports global program strategic initiatives when needed. The Manager will provide technical guidance and support in the process of continuous design, management and improvement of M&E/KML practices, processes and systems. The Manager will provide data processing and analysis support and formulate conclusions and recommendations for decision-making. He/she supports the design of MEL frameworks for CO projects and program models and contributes to grant acquisition efforts through the development of M&E frameworks and plans for grants.
- Providing Leadership and Direction: Overseeing development and implementation of performance monitoring plans for the CO’s program portfolio; developing and overseeing data flow pattern and ensuring timely data collection and reporting; coordinating and overseeing research, data collection, reviews, assessments and documentation efforts; ensuring data quality and putting in place routine data verification mechanisms; tracking budgets against activities; coordinating M&E capacity building efforts as well as ensuring data protection and confidentiality.
- Executing Monitoring and Evaluation policies and strategies – Participating in and contributing to the finalization of M&E frameworks; developing M&E tools – including M&E plans, data collection and analysis tools; providing technical support aimed at strengthening M&E systems and undertaking on-site support; conducting partner assessments in relations to M&E and leading improvements in partner M&E practices; preparing quarterly and annual programmatic reports in addition to facilitating program reviews.
- Managing Monitoring and Evaluation Processes – Ensuring project monitoring mechanisms comply with grants and project agreements; ensuring quality of existing data, sources and methods of data collection; routinely reviewing management information systems; preparing Programs/project Reviews, Surveys and Evaluation Terms of Reference (ToRs) as well as being the main point of contact for MEL related consultancies; Ensuring Evaluation and Review recommendations are understood and implemented.
- Establishing Performance Measures – Developing project and program performance monitoring plans, indicators and tools; collecting, validating and analyzing program and project performance information; designing, planning and providing oversight to evaluations, research and assessments; develop and implement dissemination strategies for evaluations, case studies and other knowledge products; Streamlining processes and ensuring increased efficiency in gathering and using performance information; providing M&E/KLM guidance to technical teams.
- Knowledge Management and Learning: Ensure established KML practices, processes and tools are followed to facilitate collaboration and learning. Support the development of a culture that leverages and improves KML. Facilitate collaboration within and across COs, documentation, learning and sharing and promoting further standardization on how we work. Provide input to the global KML lead in the establishment of KM objectives, strategy, measures of success and accountability in support of ChildFund’s global strategy, as well as an implementation roadmap, for key KM processes (e.g. Identify, Create, Store, Share, and Use knowledge). Support global KML lead in the development, implementation and maintenance of a global information architecture (e.g. how information is presented, navigation, search, engagement with platforms) including a global taxonomy to structure global metadata. Participate in / support the global KML lead in the development, maintenance and tracking of KML governance standards across the organization, including a shared language, protocols; effective, accessible and updated information management systems; and policies and procedures to support/drive desired KML behaviors.
- Child Safeguarding: Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Minimum of seven years of work experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Expertise in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, operations research, management of information systems, data quality assessment and data analysis as well as presentation.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills.
- Strong technical skills including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, e.g. SPSS, Epi-info, Stata, MS Access. Advanced Excel skills.
- Expertise in research to practice – identifying and adapting best practices.
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity of staff and partners.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience with and responsibility for knowledge management and learning systems and processes
- English proficiency
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred in community development/social science discipline or other relevant area. Equivalent relevant work experience may be acceptable in lieu of degree.
Interested applicants are advised to email their application letters and CVs only in one document and clearly stating the position being applied for as the subject to the following address; [email protected] not later than 5:00 pm July, 26, 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ChildFund Zambia is an equal opportunity employer