Assists the Procurement Specialists in planning and coordinating procurement activities on all projects under the Infrastructure Development Division, ensuring transparency and economy.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual procurement plan in the form specified by the international financing institutions (World Bank, EIB, AFDB &Kfw)
- Assisting in the implementation and monitoring of progress of all planned procurement activities
- Preparing solicitation documents in the format required by the IFI and advertise invitation for bids
- Preparing evaluation reports in readiness for submission for clearance by the MWSC Procurement Committee and the IFI’s.
- Drafting and issuing contracts, Terms and Conditions and Schedules and ensuring effective management of contracts.
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports for all procurement activities undertaken.
- Ensuring that all procurement transactions are well documented and up to date.
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Advanced Certificate in Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- A minimum of at least 2 years’ experience managing procurement preferably for Government or internationally financed projects.
- Must have significant training and practical experience in procurement within Government programs or internationally financed projects.
- Must have a sound understanding of procurement guidelines and procedures applying to World Bank, EIB, GRZ and/or internationally financed projects.
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply with a valid ZIPS practicing certificate
Required competencies and personal attributes:
- Ability to perform duties in a highly visible, fast paced, team environment.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Good Knowledge of the procurement methods for multilateral financing agencies.
- Must be honest and ofhigh integrity
Applicants should submit copies of their qualifications together with a comprehensive curriculum vitae by end of shift on 17th October 2018 to the undersigned.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
The Director Human Resources & Administration Mulonga Water & Sewerage Company Limited PO Box 11712 CHINGOLA