Risk, Safety, Health and Environment Manager
Reporting to the Engineering Executive, the successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Lead the Division in the implementation of Risk, Safety, Health and Environmental policies and standards in liaison with the Group SHE Executive.
- Guide line management in the planning and implementation of Safety, Health and Environmental management systems based on OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, NOSA & other management systems and ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation.
- Develop and maintain strategies to excel in the prevention of accidents and environmental pollution in liaison with the Engineering Executive.
- Lead in the organization and maintenance of internal safety, health and environmental communication systems such as the formation of the Safety Committee and the departmental safety, health and environmental discussion groups.
- Implement suitable safety, health and environmental training programmes such as induction in liaison with the Human Resources Department.
- Conduct planned, special and routine safety, health, environmental audits, assessments and inspections and ensure the involvement of target departments for best practice and compliance with standards, procedures and the law.
- Formulate the agenda and carry out local periodic reviews of the safety, health and environmental management systems with top management for continual improvement.
- Ensure that all new projects and operations have are risk assessed before hand and reviews made to the environmental aspects and the health and safety hazard registers.
- Maintain the accident, hazard and environmental aspects registers together with all the other systems documents and ensure the internal reporting and investigation of incidents, accidents and environmental events to prevent recurrence.
- Report all statutory reportable accidents in liaison with the Engineering Executive; while referring enigmatic cases to the same office of the Engineering Executive.
- Implement and periodically test an emergency preparedness plan and reporting on its performance.
- Immediate investigation of community environmental complaints to reduce recurrence.
The job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following minimum requirements and possess the following attributes.
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- A University degree in Environmental Science and Health , Engineering or equivalent
- Three (3) years as a Risk, Safety, Health and Environmental Officer or equivalent in an industrial or mining environment.
Interested persons should forward their applications and CV’s later than 13th December 2018 to;
The Human Resources Business Partner National Breweries Plc Sheki Sheki Road PO Box 35135 Lusaka
Email address: [email protected]
(Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to & all attachments should be in a single PDF File. Kindly state the position in the subject line)