Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development
The USAID-funded Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (Z-CHPP) supports the Government of Zambia to reduce new HIV infections through increased adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions and in close partnership with a range of local Zambian organizations and institutions.
Position Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will take the lead in implementation of the performance monitoring plan (PMP)/or Indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTT) to capture project performance and results including routine service delivery data reporting.
S/he will be responsible for overall coordination of data collection and reporting of service delivery data against the indicators and ensure quality of data through routine data verification procedures. The M&E officer will also make periodic technical assistance/data quality audit visits to partner sites in data collection, analysis and use of data for decision-making and program improvement. S/he works collaboratively with other team members on project planning, implementation, and the adjustment of project activities based on monitoring information obtained by using innovative, participatory methods and standard approaches
- Provide technical leadership and direction to project M&E strategies, frameworks, plans and indicators to capture project performance and results.
- Provide leadership in coordinating the successful implementation of the project’s M&E activities.
- Support and oversee data collection associated with DREAMS activities in the DREAMS districts
- Conduct bi-monthly technical supervision of data collection
- Provide technical support to sub partners on data base management and reporting
- Provide technical leadership on the use of data collection tools and ensure that they are used correctly and consistently
- Advise sub partners on achievement of targets related to DREAMS activities
- Organize and facilitate training workshops on monitoring and evaluation
- Enhance systems for routine data collection and M&E feedback to technical/or program staff
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure that necessary project planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
- Contribute to routine and ad hoc reports to donor and Pact HQ
- Contribute to annual work planning.
- Work closely with sub-implementing partner structures to strengthen routine monitoring of programs
- Track performance results on all DREAMS output indicators using the PMP or IPTT
- Document, write progress reports and disseminate program-related data.
- Work with sub-implementing partners in ensuring that DREAMS data is up-to-date in access database/Or ComCare
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project team.
- Advise program technical staff in preparation of work plans and key project reports
- Regularly assess sub-implementing partner data to ensure accuracy prior to submission
- Coordinate quarterly Data Quality Assessments (DQA)
- Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or related field or equivalent experience
- Not less than five years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluating health and/or development programs
- Proven ability to design and manage monitoring and evaluation systems on development projects
- Demonstrated capacity to facilitate training workshops on M&E with local organizations
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Experience and understanding of the PEPFAR framework and reporting system.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Experience with statistical analysis and word processing, database and graphical software
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Fluency in English and local language
- Zambian national preferred