Location : Lusaka
Starting Salary : ZMW 326,330.00/Annum
Work hours : Full-time; 40 hours/week (work outside normal office hours is at times required)
The General Services Manager (GSM) manages Peace Corps logistical and support operations at post. Other roles and responsibilities include but not limited to following:
- Real property management;
- Personal property management;
- Team management & performance;
- Fleet management; and
- Procurement assistance.
- The position reports to the Director of Management and Operations (DMO)
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Overall General Services Management
- Plan, direct, and oversee the work of the Motor Pool Coordinator and the GSO Clerk.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for post’s General Services Office (GSO) operations. Ensure that GSO operations are in compliance with Peace Corps policy and other applicable U.S. government policy and regulations.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of various periodic reports such as VMIS, Sunflower, Green Energy Chal-lenge, Vehicle Fleet Plan, etc.
- Participate in the budget and logistical planning to support post’s annual operations, the pre-service train-ings and real property management.
- Oversee Work Order process ensuring all Work Orders are processed in a timely and compliant manner and that the work order tracking system is kept up-to-date and accurate.
- Respond to Peace Corps Volunteer/Trainee (PCV/T) requests, directing them to appropriate staff for assistance, and directing staff to help them where appropriate.
- Manage a weekly GSO Task List and ensure tasks are completed on time.
In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit a typed cover letter and CV (with at least three traceable references) that clearly documents how you meet each of the following requirements;
- Advanced diploma in related field (i.e., procurement, logistics, management). University degree in re-lated field preferred.
- Five years serving in a similar management/supervisory position in the general services field including procurement and inventory management; property management; fleet management; logistical manage-ment; and management of clearing and forwarding processes
- Practical demonstrated knowledge of procurement and inventory management best practices (US Gov-ernment regulations in these areas preferred); working knowledge of fleet management (scheduling, fuel management and maintenance); and working knowledge of office and residential property management and maintenance.
- Current member of ZIPS (Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply); Holder or partial-holder of MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) preferred.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office products (word processing and spreadsheets); Experience with inventory databases.
- Valid Zambian unrestricted driver’s license required; Ability to drive manual 4×4 vehicles preferred.
For detailed job specifications, required qualifications, and submission instructions, please visit US Embassy website https://zm.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs.
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements, and at least three traceable references must be submitted by close of business February25, 2019.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist, Peace Corps Zambia, Plot 71A Kabulonga Rd. P.O. Box 50707, Lusaka, Zambia
Email: [email protected] clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email (E.g. John Doe, General Services Manager)
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.