We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the following position
PROJECT OFFICER (Central) – (2 Year Contract) Building Climate Resilience Rural Communities Project
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Works closely with the Project Manager in defining the project scope and facilitate implementation of Project activities.
- Assists with the preparation of the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and other key documents to support the project.
- Assists with the creation of the Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and schedules for the project and its components for the approval of the Project Manager.
- Assists with the development of the overall budget for the project as well as for project components and conducts budget reviews and analyses in conjunction with the Project Finance Officer for discussion with the Project Manager.
- Assists the Project Manager with the establishment of sustainability and project exit strategies from the inception of the project.
- Prepares regular reports to assist the Project Manager to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met.
- Identify project issues and possible solutions, and bring them to the attention of the Project Manager for action.
- Writing of project narrative reports, case stories, capturing project photos, and review of financial reports.
- Maintain current data /information of the Building Climate Resilient Rural Communities in Zambia Project.
- Integrate in all planning, mainstreaming of gender issues in project/proposal designs
- Degree/Diploma in Forestry, Agriculture, Natural Resources or other related studies
- Three (3) years working experience in the field of environment, climate change adaptation and livelihood.
- Five (5) years’ experience in project management
- Experience in managing relationships to various stakeholders
- Experience in writing donor reports
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Appreciation of child rights
- Analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
To apply, kindly send through your application letter and CV, clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs, and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Wednesday 5th August 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men
Women are especially encouraged to apply.