Overall job purposes: To manage the inventory section and ensure the proper storage, handling, issues, materials accounting and stock takes in compliance with defined systems, processes and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Ensures optimum stocks of materials are maintained in order to sustain company operations through constant monitoring of the inventory stock levels so that stock outs are minimized.
- Ensures that all items are received (GRV), binned and issued in accordance with laid down procedures by checking and signing all receipts documents before submitting to accounts for payments.
- Alerts and gives daily reports to the end users on critical stock items through production/management meetings.
- Liases with user departments and appropriately escalates queries related to customers satisfaction to ensure that prompt action is taken to resolve and potential problems.
- Manages an economical stock holding value while meeting operational requirements by determining, monitoring and controlling stock levels.
- Coordinates stocktaking activities in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer or his/her nominee in order to ascertain the accuracy of inventory and ensure investigations and reconciliations of discrepancies.
- Identifies obsolete and redundant stocks for writing off from inventory as a way of cleaning up all un-necessary stocks that form part of the stock holding value.
- Ensures security of stocks and good store keeping through limited entrance to store houses and maintains clean and orderly store houses in order to have a health working environment and limit pilferage.
- To develop and assess subordinately annually.
- Grade twelve (12) certificate
- Diploma/Degree in Purchasing and Supply or its equivalent
- A member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply with a valid practicing License.
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in stores preferably in a manufacturing industry.
- Engineering background is an added advantage
- Analytical skills
- Conversant with AX systems, Microsoft excel and word
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Technical skills.
- Investigative skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan in advance
- Must be a good team player
Applicants who meets the above requirements should submit their applications with copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references, academic/ professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Wednesday, 13th September, 2018.
Corporate Services Department Scaw Limited P.O Box 20418, KITWE.
Or Email to [email protected]