Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Supervise subordinates to ensure that all personnel are equipped, trained and qualified to perform their duties in an appropriate manner. Represent Lumwana Copper Mine on the mine site as a Security checkpoint officer.
- Supervise the necessary programs and reporting functions that will facilitate timely reporting of incidents.
- Ensure the security system’s integrity is maintained
- Arrange shift patterns ensuring all checkpoint posts are manned 24 hours a day and rotated on a regular basis.
- Ensure guards maintain high standards of discipline expected from the Security department at all times.
- Ensure post orders are kept up to date and are aligned with this procedure and that access control security officers have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities accordingly.
- Ensure proper management and archiving of all authorised gate passes
- Ensure access control and search procedures and related policies are in line with company objectives and all applicable laws.
- Ensure all items brought on site are properly declared as per site standards.
- Monitor access control and resolve anomalies.
- Ensuring all security equipment at the access point is maintained, secured and in working order.
- Supervise visitor management system operations
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following requirements.
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a reputable organisation
- Qualification in a security or social science related discipline is an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledgeable in security systems i.e. Genetec security centre is an added advantage.
- Experience in physical and automated Access control will be an added advantage.
Closing Date : 9 July, 2020