SNV is preparing for the upcoming Scaling up Nutrition (SUN) 2.0 Fund Management Programme supported by DFID. The programme is expected to offer a robust and adaptive approach to support the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), SUN Technical Assistance and Learning and Evaluation (L&E) providers in realising Zambia’s nutrition targets. The programme covers initially 15 districts and will be extended to 30 districts in the second year. It covers a period of 5 years, with an inception phase of 5 months.
Overview of the Position
To be responsible for finance compliance and risk management working with project staff and non-state actors to assist them in planning, granting, budget and financial management. Oversee financial reporting, budgeting, auditing and compliance to agreed SNV procedures and policies. To build the financial and budget management capacity of non-state actors through training and support. To improve the capacity of project staff to understand and uphold both SNV’s and institutional donors’ (Dfid) financial policies and procedures and proactively manage contracts and risk within respective projects and programmes.
- Co-ordinate the project’s grants accounting, reporting, compliance and risk management
- Review sub grantee budget and, prepare contracts/agreements and follow up on compliance
- Manage correspondences and matters in regard to grant management in consultation with the Fund Manager
- Support in setting grant management policies, and developing and enforcing procedures that assure transparency in the grants processes.
- In liaison with the Fund Manager ensure proper grants management (effective use of the grant management system) for the project and ensure it is fully operating, providing the relevant grants reports and regularly updated
- Provide technical support and supervise the sub recipients to ensure full compliance with the donor requirements
- Co-ordinate the VAT claiming process for respective grantees and ensure timely reimbursements
- Provide continuous feedback to all Sub recipients on grants performance
- Receive and review periodic grants reports for all sub recipients, liquidate the eligible costs and take relevant action on the expenses rendered ineligible and ensure proper allocation of expenses, reasonability of expenses and allowabilityas per donor guidelines.
- Periodic review of internal controls and policies for advice on strengthening and transaction verification through monitoring reports and transaction analysis
- Financial capacity building delivered to project staff and partners to include procurement, reporting, compliance and how to deliver training.
- Manage all Project fixed assets by putting in place a fixed assets tracking system which includes which includes tagging and locating all assets procured by and for downstream partners.
- Minimum degree and/or professional qualification in Accounting, Finance, Business Studies, Auditing or related field.
- 5 years’ work experience preferably in INGO.
- Experience of managing grants/contracts from institutional donors.
- Experience of setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools.
- Strong financial skills in budgeting, income tracking, budget monitoring and financial reporting
- Understanding and participating in donor financial compliance audits
- Prior experience managing of similar scope with an excellent grasp of DFID financial policies and requirements.
- Experience in financial management within the project cycle management
- Exposure to computerised financial systems, spreadsheet and word processing packages
- Experience of managing grants/contracts from institutional donors
- Ability to supervise partners organisations and oversee compliance project function in regard to project agreement & DFID rules and regulations & provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures to other staff
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills