Pact, a non-profit organization based in Washington, DC, is implementing a USAID-funded project, USAID/Z-CHPP, aimed at reducing new HIV infections by increasing adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions. Pact has an immediate need for highly competent country citizens to fill the following position.
Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Administration Department, contributes to realizing this purpose by:
• Ensuring that all necessary tools and resources to achieve the Project’s objectives are provided within the Organization, in a timely and efficient manner. All this is done in line with USAID rules and regulations.
Core Values: Pact employees embrace the following core values as representatives of the institution:
- All people have a right to participate in decisions affecting their lives
- Gender equity is mandatory for social transformation
- Resources are allocated in a transparent manner, guided by accountability to our clients and Pact’s role as steward of resources intended for the poor
- Diversity in background, gender and age strengthen our capacity to be wise managers of public and private funds
- Teamwork and collaboration shape our day-to-day working relationships
- Innovation and risk taking to achieve impact and broad scalable results drive strategic priorities
- Gathering and sharing information are primary roles for all employees
- Staff growth and advancement are a priority, including training and professional skills building to increase knowledge and competence and to stay abreast of new developments, especially in technology
- A healthy balance between work and life outside of work must be maintained for work satisfaction and fulfillment.
- Assist with receiving, moving, checking, and storing incoming goods.
- Assist with checking and inspecting goods received and ensuring they are of accurate quantity, type, and also acceptable quality.
- Assist with labelling goods received.
- Assist with selecting space for storage and arranging for goods to be placed in the designated areas.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks, vans, and other vehicles.
- Assist with coordinating with Procurement, Administration, and other Departments to ensure timely deliveries and dispatching of goods.
- Assist with packaging and labelling products before they are dispatched.
- Assist with ensuring all inventory processes are completed on the same day.
- Assist with accurately updating all data, both electronically, and in manual recording systems.
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management and related fields.
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of Inventory/Stores Management techniques, control methods, and procedures.
- Physically fit and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel and Word packages.
- Fluent in both verbal and written English.
Skills and Abilities:
- A good team player.
- Multi-skilled and hardworking, with a meticulous and efficient work ethic.
- Ability to follow processes and procedure.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent numeracy literacy and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure the highest accuracy.
- Able to deliver excellent customer service both internally with work colleagues, and externally, with vendors and other stakeholders.
- Willing to work overtime at short notice, and able to meet tight deadlines.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.