SYSTEMS SPECIALIST X 1
Job Purpose and Scope
The IT Officer – Systems Specialist is responsible for installing, configuring and managing different solutions within the IT domain.
Key Result Areas and Principal responsibilities are as follows;
- Problem Management
- Systems Operation and Management
- Systems Monitoring and Analysis
- Systems Security
- Systems Capacity Planning
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Planning
- Change Management Support
- System Documentation and Backup
- Helpdesk Management
Core Competences Required:
- IT System Administration
- Working knowledge of Virtualization, VMware, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Good level of knowledge about Data Centre Operation and Management procedures
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies in the ICT Industry
- Ability to work with limited supervision and make judgment calls
- Persuasive communicator (both written and verbal) with ability to operate and communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent Communication and Reading comprehension
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills;
- Degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications or equivalent
- CCNA & Microsoft Certifications are added advantages
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant System Administration experience
- Influencing skills and using those skills to drive change and add value
- Strong execution skills to achieve the targets in relation to the Project.
- Research and analysis skills
- Ability to think clearly and assess matters quickly and to solve problems on short notice
- Valid drivers’ Licence
Interested individuals who meet the specified requirements can send their application letter and curriculum vitae ONLY to [email protected] before close of business on Friday 10th July 2020. Please indicate the position that you are applying for in the subject line.
Note that only those who meet the above requirements will be considered.