VAREN Invites applications for the following positions:
Accountant/Finance and Administration Officer-01
Length of contract: 8 months (with possibility of extension)
Supervisor: Project Manager
- Coordinate and supervise staff, based on the relevant administrative, financial and HR guidelines and directions
- Assist project team to ensure budgets are clear and aligned with project objectives giving due consideration to VAREN Finance Policies and donor regulations.
- Oversee the preparation of all financial statements as required and ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely.
- Ensure that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded.
- Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks including identifying and resolving invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- Assist to set up proper internal control system and ensure compliance with staff rules, financial rules and implementing instruments
- Support budget holders by ensuring compliance to budget procedures and donor / corporate regulations
- Processing of Cash and Cheque Payments after verification of supporting documents
- Generate and provide accurate, timely and appropriate financial reports in line with contract conditions
Qualifications / Work Experience / Key Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting work in a busy environment
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work within a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good working knowledge in accounting software. Advanced knowledge in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint
All applicants for the above named positions should submit detailed curriculum Vitea accompanied by a cover letter addressed to: The Executive Director, P.O Box 710527, Mansa
Email: [email protected]