Wildlife Crime Prevention is a Zambian based organisation that works nationally across Zambia, providing support to the Department of National Parks and Wildlife. The main goal of WCP is to coordinate closely with key DNPW personnel and NGOs working in and around Zambia’s National Parks.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative and financial support to the Finance and Office Manager and ensure the effective and efficient operations of the WCP accounts department.
Scope of Work
The position includes but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
- Preparation of project payments vouchers
- Capturing of finance transactions in accounts database
- Manage and maintain up to date asset list
- Systematic filing and maintenance of all project finance and administrative related documents
- Provide support to WCP staff on any administrative related activities
The Administrative Assistant will also be required to assist the Finance Assistant:
- In reconciliation of Personnel Accounts
- Management of office petty cash transactions and reconciliations
- Senior Secondary (Grade 12) Certificate
- Minimum Diploma in a Finance and/or Administrative related course
- Minimum one years’ experience in an administration and/or finance role. Experience in NGO finance sector will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in accounting software and/or bookkeeping. Experience with Pastel Accounting Package will be an added advantage
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Strict conviction to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge in business software i.e. Excel and Microsoft word
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by 14th January 2019.
Ensure to reference ‘Name of Applicant-Administrative Assistant’ in the subject matter.
Only successful candidates will be notified.