The Tuberculosis Reduction Through Expanded Antiretroviral Treatment and Screening (TREATS) Project will evaluate the effect of a combined TB/HIV prevention intervention implanted in the PopART trial to address the question of whether population level screening for tuberculosis, combined with universal testing and treatment (UTT) for HIV can significantly reduce the prevalence of TB and “ End TB”.
The overall aim of this project is to measure the impact of a combined TB/HIV intervention of population level screening for TB, combined with universal testing and treatment (UTT) for HIV, delivered over 4 years, on prevalence of TB disease.
To support our wide range of research activities, we are looking for candidates to fill the following positions:
Laboratory Technician (4 Positions)
Duration of Contract: Twelve (12) months.
Location: The candidates will work for a period of three (3) months in each of the following sites as part of a mobile field team:
- Site A (Southern zone): Chipata ( Lusaka) , Chawama (Lusaka),Dambwa (Livingstone), Shampande (Choma)
- Site B (Northern zone): Ngungu (Kabwe),Ndeke ( Kitwe), Chipulukusu ( Ndola), and Chifubu (Ndola),
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Report to the Laboratory Manager at The Headquarter
- Ensure participant’s details are correctly identified prior to the examination and ensure that such details/barcode are present and correct on the imaging modality and any associated records
- Ensure that the participant has received and clearly understood instructions before receiving sputum containers
- Ensure the sample collection process, labeling, storage and transfer to the Zambart main laboratory is done according to the SOP.
- Ensure that any incidental findings of a potentially serious nature, observed during the study are recorded and reported as soon as possible to the Team Leader and the Laboratory Manager.
- Prevent stock out of sputum container and other laboratory consumable
- Keep forms and registers up to date.
- Producing reports as and when required.
- Perform the sputum examination by Gene X pert.
- Report timely any malfunctioning equipment in use to the site Team Leader.
- Performs any other duties as required by the supervisor
- Diploma in in biomedical science and minimum three (3) years of work experience.
- Operational planning experience.
- Computer literacy and ability to use an electronic data capturing device (tablet)
- Strong organizational and management skills. Self-motivation and attention to details.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of the main local languages in the area.
- Be registered with HPCZ and have current practicing license.
- Required to work away from home over extended periods.
- Prepared to work in a busy and challenging environment and flexible working hours.
- Knowledge of the study community and an understanding of the dynamics therein.
- Previous research experience.
- Ability to work in a diverse team.
Only applicants who meet the criteria for the above positions should submit their application letter, CV and certificates to [email protected]t.org.zm, stating in the reference which study site and position you are applying for e.g. TREATS – Radiographer – Site A or B or by post or The Human Resource Manager, Zambart House, Ridgeway Campus, Nationalist Road, Opposite UTH, P.O. Box 50697, Lusaka, Zambia.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 23rd October, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.