FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SENIOR SPECIALIST (X1)
To plan, organize and supervise the day to day operations of the Facilities functions such as Security, Transport and Administration sections so that the Bank operates efficiently and effectively to satisfy customer needs. Responsible for the management of the organization’s Assets, Health and Safety, Fleet, Central Archive, Procurement and Contract Management, Utilities and Communications Infrastructure.
Under the supervision of the Head Facilities & Premises Management, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
- To manage the Bank’s assets in an efficient and cost effective manner and administration of telecommunications budgets.
- To maintain links with all units in the Bank in order to effectively manage various Bank assets and carry out administrative tasks.
- To manage the overall services provided within the Facilities Department; organising security and general administrative services.
- To ensure that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- To create a suitable and safe environment for the purpose and needs of the organisation.
- To ensure the use of best business practices to manage and reduce operational costs.
- To create and monitor budgets for various facility needs and expenses.
- To calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money and best option for the organization.
- To ensure the physical security of staff and Bank properties/assets.
- To ensure the building and premises meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation.
- To prepare documents to put out tenders for contractors.
- To manage, supervise and coordinate service providers.
- To check that agreed work by staff or vendors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies.
- To respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and provide effective solutions.
- To manage and monitor performance of employees to ensure achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- To motivate, coach and train staff in the department and to ensure that they are adequately equipped to carry out duties and meet set targets and objectives.
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as assigned by management.
- External: Suppliers, Government Bodies/Organisations.
- Internal: All Divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Degree in Facilities or relevant subject.
- An MBA is an added advantage.
- At least minimum five (5) years’ practical experience in facilities/facilities management at middle level.
- Asset and Fleet management
- Planning and optimising for the accomplishment of tasks.
- Able to meet deadlines and thrive to meet objectives and drive for results.
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Flexible/adaptable to change.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ethical/high personal standards.
- Self-management skills.
- Team work.
- Drive for results.
- Risk Management.
- Attention to detail.
- Appreciation of IT.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and People management.
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Customer care orientation.
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Sunday, 17th February, 2019.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).