PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (X1)
To carry out the acquisition of goods, services and works for the Bank and ensure that they are delivered in accordance with agreed standards and cost. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the management of contracts to ensure that the Bank’s interest is protected at all times.
Under the supervision of the Contracts Management Head, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
- To identify, deliver, manage and record cost saving initiatives as per allocated targets for the year.
- To lead in the implementation of procurement plans and to ensure that the plans are effectively and clearly communicated.
- To lead on administration of contracts with suppliers and to drive continual quality and cost improvements.
- To manage and attend to all sourcing and purchasing requests to ensure that service providers efficiently deliver to specifications.
- Vendor identification, selection and rationalisation.
- To negotiate with suppliers to ensure that Commercial Terms of all contracts bank-wide have adequately covered the Bank’s interest and are in line with Bank Policy.
- To draft Contracts and Tender Committee papers.
- To raise Purchase Orders for contracts and expedite deliveries.
- To conduct contract administration duties i.e. contract manager nomination, conduct kick off meetings, attend to all contract variations and contract exit process.
- To keep contract tracker updated at all times and ensure contracts are renewed in good time.
- To develop and nurture good relationships with vendors and to review and monitor the performance of vendors.
- To provide necessary reports in support of strategy of Procurement.
- To keep vendor files up to date with all required supplier registration documents.
- To be the point of contact for all procurement requests from the unit allocated.
- To provide guidance to Business Units on all procurement related matters and respond to all business unit queries for respective units.
- To engage and conduct stakeholder meetings monthly to catch up on requirements.
- To support and execute necessary actions and deliverables to meet existing and new regulatory requirements that relate to the Bank.
- To ensure that risks are identified, assessed, reported and captured in the risk register, monitor and report Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) in respective units/departments.
- To be responsible for governance, controls and compliance oversight across functions, policy and services delivered by Procurement.
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as assigned by management.
- External: Suppliers, Vendors, Consultants
- Internal: All Divisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or Degree in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Registration with the Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply is mandatory
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Procurement
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Negotiation skills
- Minute taking/Secretarial skills
- Analytical skills
- Adherence to processes
- Stakeholder management
- Decision making skills
- Planning skills
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Sunday, 17th February, 2019.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).